Lip Augmentation Injections
Lip augmentation injections use various kinds of injected collagen, fat, or other medical-grade substances to create fuller, plumper lips. This procedure can also reduce fine lines around the mouth. It is important to note that because these substances are absorbed by the body, injections will not be permanent. For those interested in a more permanent solution, other implantable materials are available.
There are several ways to create the perfect pout. The best approach for your needs will be discussed with you by a skilled plastic surgeon during your one on one consultation at East Coast Advanced Plastic Surgery.
Call us at 201.449.1000 or use our online form to schedule an appointment right now.
Am I a good candidate for lip augmentation injections?
Below is a list to help you determine whether or not lip injections are right for you:
- You are in good physical condition and do not suffer from any major allergies
- You are bothered by the thinness of your lips due to heredity or age
- You have small creases around your lips and mouth you wish to eliminate
During your one-on-one consultation with a surgeon at one of our ECAPS Centers of New Jersey, you will go over these considerations in order to ensure that injectables are the right option for you. You should be prepared to discuss your full medical history during your consultation, including any medical conditions, previous surgeries or treatments, drug allergies, current medications, and use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances.
Special Considerations for Lip Augmentation Injections
Please reflect upon the following factors before committing to cosmetic procedures in the New Jersey area:
- Expectations: Lip augmentation procedures will improve lip thickness and signs of aging, but do not stop aging altogether. Please note: lip augmentations using injections are not permanent procedures and may need to be repeated in order to maintain the look you desire.
- Medical conditions: This procedure is not recommended for those with current cold sores, scarring of the lips, diabetes, heart problems, or a weak immune system. These factors can complicate this procedure and interfere with optimal recovery.
Surgery and Recovery
Lip augmentation is commonly an outpatient procedure, performed with local anesthesia and sedation. You should feel fine and be back to your normal routine within a day or two after your lip augmentation with injections. Your lips will be tender to the touch at first, and slight bruising or swelling may occur, but typically these issues resolve themselves within two weeks. After a few hours of recovery you will be permitted to go home.
The skilled plastic surgeons at the East Coast Advanced Plastic Surgery Center will be with you during all of your facial procedures. You will be sent home with a list of detailed care instructions to ensure that your recovery process is a success.