Tummy Tuck with Liposuction (Lipoabdominoplasty)
In a tummy tuck with liposuction (lipoabdominoplasty) in New Jersey, the advanced and creative cosmetic surgeons from East Coast Advanced Plastic Surgery of New Jersey combine two traditional procedures (liposuction and abdominoplasty) to help you get optimal results.
Sometimes two procedures are better than one—particularly when it comes to our midsections. A tummy tuck procedure primarily focuses on tightening and removing excess skin due to weight loss or pregnancy. When coupled with liposuction, the two procedures can dramatically reshape the midsection through fat removal and firming the entire core of the body.
Schedule a consultation at one of our ECAPS offices in Hoboken, Ridgewood, or Livingston to learn more about whether a lipoabdominoplasty is right for you.
What is Lipoabdominoplasty?
This advanced cosmetic procedure first involves liposuction, where fat beneath the skin is removed using a hollow metal tube passed through the fatty tissue. The fatty tissue is then removed with the assistance of a powerful vacuum. Next, incisions are made on the lower abdomen. Your skin and underlying muscle is then repositioned and tightened and any excess skin you may have is removed. The process leaves you with a flatter, tighter looking midsection.
Am I a good candidate for liposuction with a tummy tuck?
There are many things to consider when undergoing any type of cosmetic surgery. One or more of these points may help you decide whether or not liposuction with a tummy tuck is right for you:
- Patients who are in good physical condition and of near average weight make the best cosmetic surgery clients.
- Those who wish to gain a more even, toned body after weight loss, pregnancy, aging, or inherited factors may benefit greatly from this procedure.
- The procedure is great for those who have pockets of fat that are not in proportion with the rest of their body and cannot be eliminated with diet and exercise.
- Anyone with loose or sagging skin around the abdominal area will see great improvements after their lipo and tummy tuck.
- Don’t worry if your abdominal muscles have been stretched and weakened from pregnancy and cannot be corrected through exercise- this procedure reverses this muscle issue.
During your one-on-one consultation with a surgeon at one of our ECAPS Centers of New Jersey, you will go over these considerations in order to ensure that your surgery is a success. You should be prepared to discuss your full medical history during your consultation, including any medical conditions, previous surgeries or treatments, drug allergies, current medications, and use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances.
Special Considerations for a Lipoabdominoplasty:
- This procedure is not recommended for those with uncontrolled diabetes, heart problems, or a weak immune system. These factors can complicate surgery and interfere with optimal recovery.
- It is very important that you complete any weight loss prior to surgery, otherwise your current problems may reappear. After surgery, it will be essential to maintain your weight because gaining weight after Lipoabdominoplasty will affect the long-term results.
- It is also very important to inform your plastic surgeon if you are considering having children in the future, because pregnancy causes unpredictable body changes that may affect your results in years to come.
Surgery and Recovery
Lipoabdominoplasty is commonly an outpatient surgery performed with general anesthesia, or a local anesthetic with sedation. The procedure typically requires a few hours to one day of recovery before your surgeon discharges you from the hospital. Any incisions you receive will be wrapped in gauze, and you will likely be required to wear a compression garment to help firm and tighten your skin.
Walking after surgery shouldn’t be affected, and you will be up and about within a day or two following your surgery. Your incisions may be tender to the touch for the first few days, so it is highly suggested you do not lift, pull or push anything during this time. Engaging in strenuous activity should be avoided within the first week. Bruising and swelling will likely occur, typically lasting up to one month.
The New Jersey surgeons at the East Coast Advanced Plastic Surgery Center recommend follow up visits to evaluate your healing process. It is always important to follow your doctor’s orders closely for the best possible outcome. Upon leaving the ECAPS Center, you will be given detailed instructions for your recovery, including a list of any normal symptoms and signs of complications to watch for.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction Cost?
Many factors impact the overall price of a lipoabdominoplasty procedure. The total surgical time plays a role in determining cost, as do the specific techniques utilized and anesthesia fees.
Setting Up Your Consultation
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and find out more about a tummy tuck with liposuction in New Jersey. Our skilled medical professionals will be available to answer any questions you may have.